Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Audiobook Review: Ten Big Ones



Title: Ten Big Ones
Author: Janet Evanovich
Series: Stephanie Plum
Genre: Adult Mystery
Source: My local library.

Goodreads info on Ten Big Ones.

Actually I listened to this a while back and toyed with just not posting a review at all for Ten Big Ones. But I had this typed up already so I thought I'd go head and share it with you guys.

This was an enjoyable installment. Stephanie has gotten herself in over her head again. This time with gang bangers. Actually, I kind of thought this was one of he more scary storylines our heroine has faced.
Morelli tries to get her to quit her bounty hunting job that always gets her into this deep trouble. Their whole relationship is weird. I understand why Morelli is worried about her shenanigans but it's also like he doesn't respect her as a independent person. And Ranger flat out tells her he keeps her around for comic relief. Steph always gets her man so I don't understand why they keep doubting her skills. (Or at least her ability to make valuable friend/relationships with people that can help her. This is book 10, she's still alive, clearly she has SOME skills, right?
I gave Ten Big Ones 4 out of 5 stars. I always enjoy Stephanie Plum book and they are certainly good for a laugh! I think I'm just ready for a break from the series for a little bit. But I still like Steph and will come back to her sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment