Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Embrace by Stacey Rourke




Title: Embrace
Series: Gryphon (#2)
Author: Stacey Rourke
Genre: YA Fantasy
Source: Review copy provided by author in exchange for honest review.

Find more Embrace info on Goodreads.

See my review of The Conduit, Book 1 in the Gryphon series here!

OMG--the end. What? It was totally left on a cliff hanger! I love/hate cliff hangers. I love that it left me wanting, no needing, more of the story. BUT...it just left me thinking what the what!? 

How...can...you...just...end...the...book...there??? 

Luckily I have the next book but if I didn't I'd be ticked! 

There is a lot going on in this short book. There are supernatural creatures of assorted varieties including shapeshifters, Titans, demons, and even a pirate! 

Embrace is a story about your average teen to 20 somethings trying to save the world and maintain a normal life at the same time and juggle their new super powers. Whatevs, right? Ha!

I like the main character, Celeste. She's strong and has taken over her new world savior role without much  complaint. But I swear this girl has got to have the WORST taste in guys. EVER. I mean literally, the guys she picks are DEMONS, for cripes sake!

I'm really digging author, Stacey Rourke's writing style. It's a little snarky, a little sexy and a lot suspenseful. Seriously, there were a few times I got frustrated that somebody would just TELL me what was really going on!! But I think that's a good thing that I want, no NEED, to know what's going on!

This is a good series. I care about the characters and the series and I REALLY want to know what is going to happen NOW. I give Embrace 4 out of 5 stars. It has me coming back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment