Monday, May 21, 2012

Mani Monday

Hey y'all! So I'm trying out the blogger app for the first time today! And I'm posting from my new phone (thanks hubs)! It's been a while since I posted a manicure. Today, I'm rocking both accent nails and polka dots! Yay!

First, I started with a clear, strengthening base coat. Then painted all my nails with two coats of Sparitual Lucid Creme nail polish. Except for my index fingers, they got three coats of Maybelline Express Finish nail color in Sunshine.

I let that all dry a bit, then added dots of yellow onto the Lucid Creme onto the Sunshine and Sunshine onto the Lucid Creme. I achieved this design by using my "dotting tool" which you can purchase or make. I made mine by sticking a straight pin with a ball like pin head on the top into an old fashion pencil. (I'll try get a good pic of it later.)

Next, I let that dry a bit. And lastly I applied a layer of Seche Vite top coat. If you haven't tried this stuff...oh my gosh, I'm telling it's good! It dries super fast and let you know about its lasting power.

Also, I had a slight change in my reading selection. I'm reading High Five by Janet Evanovich. Hubs and I are working our way through the Stephanie Plum series. There's like 18 of them and we are utilizing the library as often as possible. So, I gotta read as they come. It's a good series-quick and funny read, perfect summer series.



No comments:

Post a Comment