Monday, June 18, 2012

Summertime Reads


Summer is a marvelous time of year.  There is warm (or in Georgia, HOT) weather, longer days, outdoor activities, fresh veggies, BBQs, vacations, the Fourth of July (fireworks!), overall sense of freedom and good times. Summertime is a great time to read! You can read outside while working on your tan, while on the beach, at the lake or by the pool, inside in the nice, cool air conditioning, while riding in a plane, train or automobile, etc. This summer I'm going to challenge myself to read more than ever, thanks to fellow blogger Reading Angel.  The blog is one of three hosting "Once Upon A Read-a-Thon" from 12:01 am on July 9th to 11:59 pm on July 11th. There are even prizes to be won but I'm most excited about pushing myself to read in epic proportions!

There are sooooo many books in my to-be-read stack and I really want to try to put a dent in it. There are so many good books that just recently came out, about to come out, or I just found out about; I'm afraid I'll never get the opportunity to read them all. But I can try!! I probably only average somewhere between 2-5 books in a month. They always say you'll make time for what's important so I'm really going to make reading a priority for the next month, especially during the Read-a Thon. I'm really going to try to read 3 books during the Read-a-Thon, (which as noted is more than I read in a month sometimes! Eeeep!)

Here's my immediate to-read-list (order determined by library availability as well as my own preference):

Seven Up by Janet Evanovich (current)
Fade Out by Rachel Caine (next)
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (which came highly recommended by Magnet4Books)

Partial backlog of books I've bought and REALLY want to read but haven't yet:





Anna and the Frech Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout (book 2 in Covenant series)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana G. Oliver
Soul Thief: A Demon Trappers Novel by Jana G. Oliver
Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz


You think that's enough to keep me busy for a while? And truthfully there are so many more I *want* to read!! AND...this isn't even including all the good books I know are coming out later this year! (*See previous post.)  And who knows how many more will come out I haven't heard of. AND THEN, there is always next year and the next...

What are your plans this summer? Any good trips planned? Or maybe a nice stay-cation? What are you reading this summer?

1 comment:

  1. I've signed up for the read-a-thon officially!! You can too. Just click on the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon button on the side bar! I can't wait to see just how much I can read! Come on, take the challenge with me!

    ReplyDelete