Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mani Monday: Shadow and Bone

So a while ago, I wrote about how much I LOVED Shadow and Bone. You know, "one of the best books of 2012." The book that gave me a "book hangover" for days and made it impossible to read anything else! I still haven't gotten this book out of my head. And in honor of the book club I was attending where this book was to be the topic of conversation, I painted my nails with a Shadow and Bone inspired motif. This actually doubly cool because I was looking around on author Leigh Bardugo's website and discovered she used to be a make up artist. She even had special Shadow and Bone nail polish she was giving out at some of her events like Comic Con (which I would have loved to be at!). Since I didn't get the official polish, I had to make do with my own supplies. Here's what I came up with:





I love the cover. After you've read the book
you can see all the symbolism there.







Close up on the nails.
Matte gray with 
black with glitter on 
ring finger accent.




Here's the polish I used to create the mani.

Wet 'n Wild: Black Creme
Spoiled: Shuffle the Deck
NYC: Steele
Hard Candy: Matte-ly in Love
(top coat to matte the gray)


No comments:

Post a Comment