Monday, July 2, 2012

INDIEpendence Day

INDIEpendence Day is about celebrating indie authors both self-published and small-press. This celebration is hosted by The Indelibles, a group of 25 indie authors. This is what they say about the event, "By highlighting and bringing greater awareness to quality indie books, people find great books to read, indie authors get support, and we continue to change hearts and minds about the gems that can be found among self-published and small-press novels."



More on INDIE-pendence Day


I choose to highlight Atlanta-based author Amanda DeWees. Per her website she received her PhD from the University of Georgia in English literature and her dissertation topic was vampire literature. (I didn't even know that was possible! How cool is that?!)  I found out about Ms. DeWees' book from my good friend Sara, who knows I am a huge bibliophile. Not too long ago Sara says to me, "So my friend wrote a book..." And then I was all like, "You know an author and didn't tell me?!" I immediately added it to my "to be read" list, I just haven't had the opportunity to read it yet. But I' really looking forward to it. I've looked on Amazon and Goodreads and DeWees' book Sea of Secrets has gotten really great reviews. It's been described as mostly as gothic mystery and also as a historical romance. From the description, it sounds like it will be a good read that I'm looking forward to and I hope you are as well!



Find Sea of Secrets on Amazon


Here's the cover of Sea of Secrets by Amanda DeWees from Amazon, where you can get the book in print or on your Kindle. Check her website for all the ways Secrets is available!




I love supporting local authors and knowing that she's a friend of a friend, makes me feel so... special!  And...by playing around on her site, I found Ms. DeWees has a Young Adult writing in progress that I'm super excited about. I can't wait to see what this author has to offer!


Here's a list of all the other bloggers participating in the INDIEpendence Day event. Be sure to click around and find out about other great books by indie authors! And thanks again to the The Indelibles for hosting this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment