Thursday, October 11, 2012

Audiobook Review: Bossypants


I am not one usually for memoirs or biography type books but I am a Tina Fey fan. I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan but she was on Saturday Night Live when I first started watching it. I had a big crush on Jimmy Fallon so I had to watch Tina too when I'd get my Jimmy fix during Weekend Update. ;-) So, I've seen her book Bossypants around for a while now and I was always somewhat interested but just didn't get around to reading it. When finally I got my audible.com account, I had another free token or whatever they call it and Bossypants was there for the amount I had and the rest is history as they say. It's happy coincident, if you will. 

I really liked that Bossypants is narrated by Ms. Tina Fey, herself. She is a very funny lady and think this just added to the audiobook experience. She tells stories from different parts of her life, it was like hearing stories from a friend. She didn't leave out any awkward moments. From embarrassing encounters with the opposite sex to less than desirable jobs, it's all in there. Also, just so you know, I waited too long to write this review to remember very many details from Bossypants. (Bad reviewer I know!) But in addition to all the funnies, Tina did speak to be a strong, female leader in a traditionally male world (both in tv and comedy). She talked about the struggles she has with being a working mom, including whether or not to have another kid to feeling guilty over not spending enough time with the one she has. 

Bossypants is cool because that even though Tina is a super famous and wildly successful in my eyes, she still has normal, everyday type struggles. In her hilarious, sarcastic way Tina reminds us that celebs are human too. Bossypants kept me giggling. Very enjoyable. I give this audiobook 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment