Friday, October 19, 2012

Audiobook Review: Hard Eight

Book Info on Goodreads

I really like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I've posted about several of her books (like Plum Lovin') and I have several more to go to catch up with the series so be prepared. :) It has been a little while since I have been on Stephanie kick. But I was craving a funny, light story. And life has kind of gotten in the way of actual reading lately so the audiobook is totally the ticket for me right now.

If you aren't familiar with the series, Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. Only she's really bad at being a bounty hunter. She has bad luck with cars and break-ins at her apartment. She has a crazy, hilarious grandma. And has the affection of two super hot guys.

***Spoiler to follow: If you have not yet read Hard Eight 
and plan to please stop reading now. 
This is too good to ruin.***

As you have probably gathered at this point I enjoyed Hard Eight. The narrator of the audiobook did an excellent job. She changed her voice for each character and really made the book come to life. And oh. my. gosh. Stephanie and Ranger finally get together. Wow. That's all there is to say about that.

I've noticed many people complain about how the Stephanie books are "always the same." These are mystery books in a series. I'm not sure how much variation people are looking for but I think these books are great when I'm in the mood for them. Yes, there are a lot things that are similar to the books. And there are certain lines you can almost bet on being in each book of the series. But I'd like to suggest that this is why they are so popular. It's kind of like McDonald's. You know the food is going to be exactly the same every time you go. You can count on it. No, it may not be gourmet but sometimes it hits the spot and at those times it's sooo good! (This is in no way a insult, I like Mickey D's and I really like Stephanie Plum!)

This book is an adult-geared read. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend the whole series so far! I've already started listening to the next Plum novel, To the Nines!

No comments:

Post a Comment