Thursday, March 14, 2013

Maureen Johnson and Stephanie Perkins

On Sunday, March 3, the mister and I attend attended a book signing at the Little Shop of Stories  featuring authors Maureen Johnson and Stephanie Perkins. First, I must say these ladies are hilarious and play very well off one another. I laughed my tail slap off. You would have thought we were at the comedy club not a bookstore! If these ladies are ever in a city near you, GO to that event! I really don't think you could be disappointed!

Also. Hubs and I bought (3) more books. Two of Maureen's and one of Stephanie's. (I am a book addict. Send help!) We left the bookstore to venture to Ikea in which we bought a new bookcase to house all these new books I've amassed. It was not fun to ride 1 hour and 44 minutes in a compact car and the LARGEST bookshelf Ikea sells. But we made it home and mostly intact. I'm sure there will be more to come in the bookshelf mini drama as we have yet to attempt to assemble said bookshelf.


Anyhow back to the main event...here are some photographs and some of my translated short hand notes.




Waiting....




First glance at the greats, Stephanie & Maureen!




Maureen on getting published:

"It's great, not like you think it would be. At some point someone will reject you, it's part of the process. You get an agent who pitches to an editor. Both are hard. A lot of people will say no. There is no failure in writing. If you think you are an awful writer, then you are doing it right. When you first start you are really bad and that's okay. Just keep trying!"

Stephanie added:

"Revise it, like a billion times. Show it to people. Revise it like a billion more times...
The first page is the most important...they have to like the first page to read the second page."




Maureen, Alli, & Clayton




Clayton, Alli, & Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment