Sunday, November 4, 2012

DIY: Bloggy Buttons

A while back when I was trying to make my blogger button over there on the side bar, I came across this on Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust's blog. I thought that was super cute and promised myself if I ever got to go to a blogger meeting, I'd make something similar. (See this post for blogger meeting info.) 

I just love a good DIY project!

Now, before you freak out on me and start with that, "how dare you cut up a book" thing, please know this book was old, its cover destroyed and pages missing. I don't remember when or where it came from exactly but my best guesses would be either from a second-hand, thrift store or from my husband's job (he works for a book distributor, lucky me, but they get to buy returned/damaged library books for like $.50 when they get those in.) SO...this is me recycling. I'm reusing the paper so that this book doesn't end up just in the trash. This is a GOOD thing, right? Right. Okay now, freak out avoided. 

This is what I came up with:


I changed the way I made the flower part from the original post from Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust, for a way that worked better for me. I cut my pages in half and trimmed the edges so it made more of square shape. 


Then folded the squares accordion style, bent them in the middle, and taped the ends together into the little fan-type shape. I then took un-waxed dental floss and tied two fans together and taped their edges together using matte, un-shiny tape. 


Once it was secured and made the flower shape I added glitter glue to the edges of some of them, in different ways (some all around, some dots, etc). Next, I made the front badge part and the back card with my blog info using free downloadable templates from Better Homes and Gardens. I tried to come up with different bloggy saying and designs. I printed those, cut them out, glittered some and attached the badge the front with hot glue. 




Then I flipped them over and hot glued large safety pins to the back. Over top of the pins I hot glued that smaller label with my info to the back as well.


I think they turned out super cute! Each one is slightly different and hope they there will be one to meet each personality. I sure hope the local bloggers like them!

And here's the one I made for myself.

Sorry about the blurry pic, I'll try to get a better one soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment