Monday, November 19, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2


Edward hanging out in front of 
Cullen House in Forks, WA 
from our trip this past August.

If you know me at all, you know know I am a huge Twilight fan. I've been a fan since I saw the first movie. I know I was late getting into the game but better late than never right? So anyhow, I saw the movie and I was smitten. I almost immediately went out and bought the entire box set of books and proceeded to read them. Repeatedly. I was going through such a bad time personally in my relationship at the time that I clung to the series like a life line. I really don't know why. Maybe I wanted a love story in my real life, wanted to live it, for it to be real. But alas, it was not but somehow the books and movies reignited a passion in me. After I read The Twilight Saga, I went in search of similar books I would like and from there reading, movies, tv shows, and general geeking out have become such a huge part of my life. So, even as the Saga as we know is coming to a close, I will forever be grateful for what it represents for me.

From Our All Day Twilight Movie Marathon!
 
My hubs and I went to the Twilight marathon on Thursday, November 15. Yes, that's right 12 plus hours in the movie theater watching ALL the Twilight movies. (Does that man love me or what?) It was the first time I saw the first, original Twilight on the big screen! And I LOVED it. Of course I've watched my DVD 100s of times but the nuances on the big screen...ahhh! It was so good. Then we watched New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn Part 1 gearing up for Part 2. What a great way to spend a day, in a dark movie theater with my sweet hubby and my fav movies of all time!
 
Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Hale) & Me 
at the Breaking Dawn Part 1 Tour Stop
 in Atlanta, GA from last year.

Finally, we got Breaking Dawn Part 2. Ah-ma-zing!!! It was soooo good! The perfect ending to a wonderful series. They did a good job of tying up the loose ends yet leaving a few open ended scenes that left me wishing there was going to be more. I think that's the right way to end something, where you still want more. I've heard lots of people talking about how they "changed" the end, it was a little different from the book but not in a way that detracts from the story. In fact, I kinda of loved it. I totally thought Part 2 was better than Part 1 but that's probably because there is more "action" in Part 2. Take that as you will. ;) I thought the movie was very will done and it made me proud to be a TWI-Hard fan!
 
I give Breaking Dawn Part 2  five stars out of five! It was EPIC! I simply MUST SEE IT AGAIN! SOON!!
 
Have you seen yet? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why the word action has quotation marks. haha! Now I'm really curious! I haven't seen it yet. Maybe this week! :D

    ReplyDelete