Saturday, November 3, 2012

Upcoming in Alli's World: November

It seems like November is going to be a great month. We all know, it is the month of THANKSGIVING! Great food, family time, a day of reflection for all the things you have to be thankful for...that's awesome. But there are some other great things happening in my life this month in addition to Thanksgiving, am I blessed or what?

1. Today hubs and I are planning on playing "tourist" close to home. We are going to go to Toccoa, Georgia to see Currahee Military Museum. You know, like from the TV show Band of Brothers. I'm really excited to see this after my recent leadership class where we referenced the show on multiple occasions. We are also planning on visiting historic Travelers Rest. And whatever else we can get into during our day trip outing. 
Band of Brothers
Band of Brothers on DVD from Amazon.


2. This Sunday is the Athens area local bloggers meeting. If you are a blogger in the area, I really hope  you come out! It's at Avid Bookshop in Athens, GA. For info on the event click here.

3. Saturday, November 10th is YALLFest! This is the first time hubs and I have gone to this and I am soooo super duper excited. There are ton of amazing Young Adult authors scheduled to be in attendance. And it's in beautiful Charleston, SC. (Yaaaaaay!)

4. At the earliest, November 15th, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" will be in theater! (Ahhhhhh!) O. M. Geeeeee! I have been loving this series for years. It's so bitter-sweet, I hate it's coming to an end but I'm so ready to see it already! Click here for more info on the movie. 
Poster from imdb.

That's all I know about for now but wow, doesn't that sound like a great month already!? And of course we are going to have to start Christmas shopping at some point! I've got plenty of good books to read and I'm sure I'll be getting lots more for YALLFest. Just seems like a lot of goodness to me! (And it's my mom's birthday month! Whoo-hoo, Mama!)

So what have you got planned for this month?




No comments:

Post a Comment