Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 08 – Most overrated book


Day 8 is the "most overrated book." I don't really like this topic. Who am I to say a book is overrated? Just because I didn't like the book doesn't mean others should not like it. And most of the books I've read this year I have really enjoyed.

I will say a book that a lot of my friends seemed enjoy that I didn't like as much was A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. See my review here. But I gotta tell you the story isn't bad. And I got a chance to speak with author Deborah Harkness at YALLFest this year. She said she wrote A Discovery of Witches to be a book that you couldn't just fly through. Just speaking with her a few moments and I understood more where she was coming from with the book and now I'm more excited to read the second one, Shadow of Night, that came out earlier this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment